A Mobility Advisory Committee (MAC) was formed to provide staff with expertise and insight as we update our region’s long-range transportation strategy, the Mobility Plan: Connecting People and Places 2040.
The MAC is made up of a diverse, citizen-based group of transportation experts, as well as representatives from the private sector and those working with disadvantaged and underserved communities.
[insert_php]$getupcoming = getUpcoming(‘tpo’,’mobility’,FALSE); echo $getupcoming.”.$getupcoming.”;[/insert_php]
RSVP – Dori Caron
MAC member expectations
- Be a sounding board
- Offer recommendations to staff
- Provide a diverse perspective base
- List of MAC members can be found here.
For more information…
The MAC Schedule
The MAC is expected to meet no more than six times over the course of the following year. Upcoming meetings will take place at Ijams Nature Center from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm on the following dates.
- October 22, 2015 – Meeting 1
- January 28, 2016 – Meeting 2
- March 24, 2016
- July 28, 2016
- October 27, 2016
Important Links & Resources
Connecting People and Places Project Schedule. COMING SOON
- Executive Summary of the last Mobility Plan – adopted on April 24, 2013
- Current (FULL) Mobility Plan
- Understanding the TPO process
- PlanET website
- Citizens Bike Guide – This guide explains how public policy is made in your community and introduces you to the local officials who design and maintain your neighborhoods and communities. Pages 24 and 25 have info on transportation funding: fed, state and local.
To learn more about TN’s transportation funding situation please visit TDOT’s website.
What is the Mobility Plan?
The Mobility Plan is the long-term vision for our region’s transportation infrastructure. It looks at all modes of transportation, and all transportation projects that receive federal funding or are regionally significant must be in this plan.
We are calling this update “Connecting People and Places 2040”.
What is the mission of the TPO?
Advise and assist our region to improve and expand transportation choices by involving citizens and decision makers in our plans, forums and outreach.
To learn more about the TPO and the work we do please visit the TPO website.